XP 2021 Speaker Guide
Congratulations on being accepted as a speaker for XP 2021!
All speakers are invited to pre-record their talks. The following tracks are required to pre-record:
- Research Papers
- Experience Reports
- Lighting Talks
- Workshop Papers
For questions about pre-recording please contact Mark Lochrie, XP 2021 Virtualization Chair
Deadline to submit your recorded talk: May 31, 2021
All videos will be viewed prior to being uploaded to virtual platform. XP 2021 Program Team will not be able to accept any videos that are over time limit. Times before do not included Q & A at end which will be live.
- Pre-recorded talks need to be the following lengths:
- Full Research papers - 10 minutes
- Short research paper - 5 minutes
- Experience Reports - 12-15 minutes
- Lightning talks - 5 minutes
- Workshop papers - 5 or 10 minutes (check with your workshop chair)
- Empirical Studies – 5 minutes
When recording your talk, you should consider the following:
- Please be seated in a well-lit room - consider using a ring light for your face, but also have natural light or background light illuminating the space as well for balance. Try to balance the lighting so that all of your face is evenly lit.
- Set your camera so that the frame includes your head and upper body
- Consider using an external microphone or headset for better sound quality.
- You may want to prepare a script, however, then do not read it aloud. Try to follow it sentence by sentence, without reading word by word
Preparing Your Poster
During the conference