Microservices and APIs have become mainstream now. We're able to respond to changing requirements and ship code to production more quickly than ever. Or, we are for our first few APIs. But 5 years down the track, what happens when we end up with tens or hundreds of APIs that are now part of our core product - how do we know that we're safe to deploy to production without running hours of slow, flakey integration tests? Want to save yourself hours of frustrating debugging? Find out how Pact contract tests can keep your services free from the burden of integration testing, and allow you to ship your code with speed and confidence.
- Understand how contract tests reduce the time and effort required to test an integration point compared to traditional integrated tests
- Understand how contract tests speed up the development cycle when coding an integration point compared to traditional integrated tests
- Understand how contract tests reduce the number of bugs for an integration point compared to traditional integrated tests
- Understand how the properties of contract tests and integrated tests affect the way each type of test scales as the coverage increases
- Understand how consumer driven contracts enable expectations of a provider to be communicated by the consumer team
- Understand how consumer driven contracts allow consumer teams to proceed with development when the provider has not yet been written